(Pueblo, CO) Tisha Casida, Independent candidate for Colorado’s 3rd Congressional District, made her official announcement in the Historic Federal Building, in Pueblo, Colorado on May 13th, 2011.
Her platform includes seven principles to return to liberty, with a strong emphasis on Constitutional integrity and economic freedom.
(From Casida’s website, www.casida2012.com)
1. No More Spending – We must create prosperity for the next generation, not bankrupt it.
2. Civil Liberties & Privacy – We must protect our individual liberties and Bill of Rights.
3. 10th Amendment – Time for the federal government to abide by it.
4. Protect & Preserve Agriculture – Nurture our food supply by protecting and promoting farmers, ranchers, and producers.
5. Education – Creating a true environment for learning; allow parents to home-school their children.
6. Fiscal and Monetary Policy – Audit the Federal Reserve; work together to find solutions for our debt and deficit; change our monetary policy.
7. National Security & Foreign Policy – Protect our country and foster peace.
Casida remarks that she “is so encouraged by the outpouring support from the community that is hungry for real representatives that are true to those they represent”.
The next 18 months “will be a challenge and will take us all to work together in a grass-roots style to educate and empower this great community”.
For more information contact Tisha Casida:
casida2012 (at) gmail.com